How the U.S. is Facilitating Jihadist Attacks against Jews
While anti-semitic violence and harassment continues to rise since the fighting between Israel and Hamas began last month—as of last month approximately 250 such incidents in the United States have been reported. It was already disgraceful that during her speech at the United Nations “anti-Semitism” conference on September 7, 2016, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power failed to even mention the term “Muslim” or “Islamic anti-Semitism” which constituted a major portion of the physical and verbal anti-Jewish attacks. Now it seems that the U.S. government has taken measures to facilitate Islamists to pursue such unbecoming acts.
As reported by the Clarion Project
- A leaked Pentagon document reveals that the Defense Department has formed a Counter-Extremism Working Group that relies on outside advisers that includes two representatives from the Southern Poverty Law Center and two from the American Civil Liberties Union.
- The two groups are key allies of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood lobby and demonize those who stand against Islamism, including reformist Muslims.
- Two of these advisers have defended the Muslim Brotherhood, including one who advocated on behalf of the Holy Land Foundation, which was prosecuted for being a Brotherhood front for financing Hamas.
- The list also includes a representative from Emgage, a Muslim-American political group that is close to Linda Sarsour. She is an inflammatory activist who was even condemned by then candidate Joe Biden during the 2020 presidential campaign.
- However, the list includes two representatives from organizations that do stand against Islamism, the First Liberty Institute and Middle East Media Research Institute.
Contrary to revisionist historians, Islamic hatred of Jews is not an entirely modern phenomenon. Instead, a strong hatred of the Jewish people has been a part of the Islamic scholarly tradition from the earliest times. Jews, along with many other peoples, became subject to the rule of Islamic states.
Anti-Semitism Embedded in Islam
After the Prophet Muhammad’s famous victory at the Battle of Badr in 624, the Jewish clan Bani Qainuqa were stripped of their goods and expelled from Medina. In 626, the other two remaining Hebrew tribes, the Bani Nadir and the Bani Quraiza, were besieged. Subsequently, having unconditionally surrendered, the Jews were slaughtered, had their riches confiscated, and their women and children enslaved. In 628, surmising that his forces were still not strong enough to overcome the rival and once-native Quraysh tribes, Muhammad agreed to the Hudaybiyya Accord, named after the place in which the ten-year treaty was signed; he reneged on this pact less than two years later, after consolidating his power.
Jews, in fact, must submit to the sharia according to the Quranic teachings, which include the hadiths. I they do not, they risk facing the wrath of Allah:
- O ye People of the Book [Jews (and Christians)] believe in what We have (now) revealed, confirming what was (already) with you, before We change the face and fame of some (of you) beyond all recognition, and turn them hindwards, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers, for the decision of Allah Must be carried out. —Sura 4, 47
- O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. —Sura 5, 51
- Narrated ‘Aisha and ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas: When the last moment of the life of Allah’s Apostle came he started putting his ‘Khamisa’ on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, “May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets.” The Prophet was warning (Muslims) of what those had done. —Sahih al-Bukhari, 8, 427
Of course, Christians have also continue to undergo “very high or extreme levels” of persecution—meaning they were harassed, beaten, raped, imprisoned, and/or slaughtered on sight just for being Christian. The point to be made is that notwithstanding President Biden condemning the wave of anti-semitic attacks, his administration willfully refuses to acknowledge the texts that incur hatred and violence, simultaneously giving jihadists and like-minded organizations a green light to spread hatred and encourage violence, especially against the Jews. And this is truly abominable.
Mario Alexis Portella is a priest of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Florence, Italy. He has a doctorate in canon law and civil law from the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome; he also holds a M. A. in Medieval History from Fordham University, as well as a B.A. in Government & Politics from St. John’s University. He is also author of Islam: Religion of Peace? – The Violation of Natural Rights and Western Cover-Up.